The Work-Based Learning Development Network was set up in order to support staff dedicated to this specialist area and is managed by a steering group of volunteers, consisting of contract managers and practitioners from a range of Scotland's colleges and key partner agencies.
The steering group has diverted its energies into support and information around the new college learning programme, with two major events providing valuable feedback, concerns and best practice associated with its delivery. These events have been successful thanks to the strong partnerships that exist between College Development Network, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and the colleges.
This group is the main conduit for information associated with Government funded programmes, and receives direct and timely information from the Modern Apprenticeship Group (MAG). Subsequent communication to the sector makes this group invaluable.
The steering group’s remit includes:
- sharing ideas and best practice
- facilitating the sharing of current and emerging policies and information in relation to work-based training
- supporting work-based learning curriculum development in Scotland's colleges.
Work based learning group targets 2013/14:
- deliver three high quality events to achieve positive feedback
- arrange for three steering group meetings with a progressive agenda
- provide key information associated with Government programmes
- disseminate news from the MAG to work-based learning contract managers
- provide access to key information from stakeholders such as SQA, SDS, City & Guilds, SCQF and Scottish Government.
If you are involved in work-based learning, then network membership will be of value to you, and your experience and knowledge of work-based training will be of value to the wider further education sector.
If you wish to keep abreast of current news, policies and practice associated with work based learning, email Colin Buchanan.
Steering group members
|Maria Roushias||Chair of WBL|
|Lorraine Andrews||Inverness College UHI|
|Tom Black||Dundee and Angus College|
|Eleanor Brown||Perth College UHI|
|Colin Buchanan||College Development Network|
|David Cook||North East College Scotland|
|Nancy Cooper||West Lothian College|
|Stuart Cree||Ayrshire College (Ayr campus)|
|Karen Donaldson||Dundee and Angus College|
|Judith Erskine||West College Scotland (Clydebank campus)|
|Heather Malcolm||Fife College (Carnegie campus)|
|Alex McCluskey||Glasgow Clyde College|
|June McCredie||Borders College|
|Pat Padden||West College Scotland (Clydebank campus)|
|Sharyn Prendiville||Dumfries and Galloway College|
|Zak Stark||Forth Valley College|
|Gordon Stewardson||West College Scotland|
|Joan Thorne||North East College Scotland|
Steering group meetings
- date of next meeting TBC
- Tuesday 12 November 2013 – minutes to follow
- Monday 02 September 2013 – Minutes WBL 020913 (386.82 kB)
- Monday 10 June – Minutes WBL SG 100613 (169.89 kB)
- Friday 22 March 2013 – Minutes wbl 220313 (186.08 kB)
- Friday 08 February 2013 Minutes 080213 (127.48 kB)
- Monday 03 December 2012 NCLP Event NCLP Angus College (1.48 MB) NCLP Forth Valley College (273.16 kB) NCLP South Lanarkshire College (1.66 MB)
- Friday 23 November 2012
- Friday 14 September 2012 Work-Based Learning Steering group minutes 140912 (243.53 kB)
- Friday 01 June 2012 Work-Based Learning Steering group minutes 010612 (281.19 kB)
- Friday 20 April 2012 Work-Based Learning Steering group minutes 200412 (62.83 kB)
- Friday 10 February 2012 Work-Based Learning Steering group minutes 100212 (50.79 kB)
View College Development Network events calendar.