The Work Based Learning Development Network was set up in order to support staff dedicated to this specialist area and is managed by a steering group of volunteers, consisting of contract managers and practitioners from a range of Scotland's colleges and key partner agencies.
The Steering Group has diverted its energies into support and information around the New College Learning Programme, with two major events providing valuable feedback, concerns and best practice associated with its delivery. These events have been successful thanks to the strong partnerships that exist between College Development Network, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and the colleges.
This group is the main conduit for information associated with Government funded programmes, and receives direct and timely information from the Modern Apprenticeship Group (MAG). Subsequent communication to the sector makes this group invaluable.
The Steering Group’s remit includes:
- Sharing ideas and best practice
- Facilitating the sharing of current and emerging policies and information in relation to work-based training
- Supporting work-based learning curriculum development in Scotland's colleges.
Work based Learning Group Targets 2013/14:
- Deliver three high quality events to positive feedback
- Arrange for three steering group meetings with a progressive agenda
- Provide key information associated with Government programmes
- Disseminate news from the Modern Apprenticeship Group to Work based learning contract managers
- Provide access to key information from stakeholders such as SQA, SDS, City & Guilds, SCQF and Scottish Government.
If you are involved in work-based learning, then network membership will be of value to you, and your experience and knowledge of work based training will be of value to the wider further education sector.
If you wish to keep abreast of current news, policies and practice associated with work based learning, email Colin Buchanan.
Steering Group Members
|Joan Thorne||Aberdeen College|
|Ann Porter||Adam Smith College|
|Tom Black||Angus College|
|Stuart Cree||Ayr College|
|David Cook||Banff and Buchan College|
|June McGuinness||Borders College|
|Alex McCluskey||Cardonald College|
|Rosemary Henry||Carnegie College|
|Heather Malcolm||Carnegie College|
|Judith Erskine||Clydebank College|
|Pat Padden||Clydebank College|
|Alison Jardine||Dumfries and Galloway College|
|Karen Donaldson||Dundee College|
|Zak Stark||Forth Valley College|
|Lorraine Andrews||Inverness College|
|Gordon Stewardson||James Watt College|
|Eleanor Brown||Perth College|
|Maria Roushias (Chair)||Reid Kerr College|
|Colin Buchanan||College Development Network|
|Caryn Nicolson||Edinburgh College|
|Nancy Cooper||West Lothian College|
Steering Group Meetings
- Next meeting - TBC
- Friday 22 March 2013 - minutes to follow
- Friday 08 February 2013 - Minutes 080213 (127.48 kB)
- Monday 03 December 2012 NCLP Event - NCLP Angus College (1.48 MB) NCLP Forth Valley College (273.16 kB) NCLP South Lanarkshire College (1.66 MB)
- Friday 23 November 2012 -
- Friday 14 September 2012 - Work-Based Learning Steering group minutes 140912 (243.53 kB)
- Friday 01 June 2012 - Work-Based Learning Steering group minutes 010612 (281.19 kB)
- Friday 20 April 2012 - Work-Based Learning Steering group minutes 200412 (62.83 kB)
- Friday 10 February 2012 - Work-Based Learning Steering group minutes 100212 (50.79 kB)
Tel: 01786 892041
Email Colin Buchanan