The Motivated College
The Motivated College Programme is based on Alan McLean’s research and his books, The Motivated School (2003); and Motivating Every Learner (2009); and enhanced by drawing on additional resources, including:
- Relevant research
- HMIe publications
- Curriculum for Excellence Framework
- And the work of various authors and thinkers on developing motivation; resilience; confidence; growth mind sets; optimism; self-efficacy.
This is an empowering programme which not only analyses learner behaviours and offers opportunities to meet learner needs in ways conducive to instilling motivation to learn, but also has a positive impact on staff motivation.
This programme of professional development is designed to enhance reflective practices and create positive changes to college and classroom cultures and staff motivation. It:
- Fosters enthusiasm to learn
- Develops understanding of learner behaviours and positive ways of responding
- Offers psychological insights, and understanding of research, and a varied theory base
- Creates successful, positive and motivating learning environments
- Enables staff to develop their own motivational strategies
- Analyses teaching styles and the impact on learner motivation
- Develops understanding of what energises and drains our learning environments
- Offers sound practical advice and real life suggestions to improve motivation
- Develops understanding of what motivates learners
We can deliver this programme flexibly to meet the needs and aspirations of your college, your staff, and your learners. Workshops and resources will be tailored to your particular context. The workshops are all interactive and can be offered as whole day, half day or twilight sessions. We will work with staff at all levels, including senior managers, teaching staff, support staff and also learners, to ensure a motivating culture is established throughout the college. Sustaining this culture is achieved by key staff undertaking the Motivated College Licensee Programme to equip them to deliver the programme throughout the college.
Contact Ann Kirkwood to discuss the ways a package of delivery can be tailored to meet your needs and aspirations.