CDN Emporium 2017: Inspiring Ideas in Learning and Teaching
This year’s Emporium will take place in early June 2017, offering thought-provoking and practical workshops, seminars and activities at our offices in Stirling and in external venues across Scotland.
Building on last year’s Emporium of Inspiring Ideas, this year the focus is learning and teaching, which will be explored through practical and ‘hands-on’ sessions with the aim of:
- engaging and driving purposeful learning and teaching
- learning by doing through sessions on online learning, cooperative learning, inspiring learning and teaching, and technologies for learning.
This year’s Emporium events are outlined below and will be available for bookings shortly:
- Food and drink industry with a focus on food and manufacture. This is a one-day event planned in partnership with the Scottish Food and Drink Federation.
- Digital Technologies. This is a one-day event planned in partnership with the sector, employers and students.
National employability event:
- Planned and delivered by the CDN team and Essential Skills Network.
Learning and teaching two-day event:
- Monday 5 and Tuesday 6 June at CDN Stirling, offering two days of interactive and participative sessions facilitated by CDN delivery team.
- Perspectives from colleges, schools, employers, Community Learning and Development (CLD) and training providers.
- Hear from learners first hand
- Key features and elements driving curriculum development
- Encounter inspiring learning and teaching ideas
This years Emporium will be brought to you by a wide range of contributors – CDN learning and teaching staff, College learners, College Principals, School Headteachers, Student Organisations, Community Learning & Development and Curriculum Leads.