Future Leaders Forum
The Future Leaders Forum is open to second tier staff with strategic roles, members of senior management teams, executive or equivalent and those who deputise for the Principal. The Forum aims to:
- provide a forum for senior college leaders operating at strategic level to meet on a formal and informal basis as professionals to exchange information, to network, to provide a second level perspective and to undertake professional debate and development on strategic educational and leadership/management matters affecting Scotland's colleges
- provide peer group support in professional matters
- encourage, devise and support continuing professional development activity for members which is complementary to that available within the Leading and Learning programme.
- consider issues such as career progression, succession planning and talent management
- establish links and strong working relationship with Principals’ Convention with the aim of sharing information and expertise and providing opportunities for joint activity
- establish links with professional bodies, organisations and individuals in Scotland, the UK and overseas to enhance practice.
The steering group is currently investigating development areas which would focus on core activities, future challenges, common themes and competencies required in public service leaders.
Steering Group Members
|Jackie Howie (Chair)||Angus College|
|Jannette Brown||Dumfries and Galloway College|
|Audrey Cumberford||Reid Kerr College|
|Beth Dickson||Adam Smith College|
|Sandra Gunn||Glasgow Metropolitan College|
|Ken Thomson||Forth Valley College|
|Sara Wood||Perth College|
|Lesley Whelan||College Development Network|
|Marian McMorland (administrator)||College Development Network
Book online for any upcoming events which are being held through the Community of Practice or the Leading and Learning Programme.
Future Leaders Model for Development Activity
The Future Leaders Model for Development Activity was agreed at the October 2009 Leading and Learning Residential.
Tel: 01786 892043